Huntsville Business Formation; Limited Liability Company (LLC) Attorney
PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Help with Business/LLC Tax Matters and Startup
Many people who start their own businesses are highly intelligent and motivated, with an entrepreneurial attitude. Because of this, many new business owners will try to do everything themselves. However, it is easy for someone without specific legal or financial training to make costly mistakes in the process. Many clients come to us after making tax mistakes and other unwary transgressions with their LLC formation, and it ends up costing them considerably more to remedy the problems than it would have cost to hire an LLC attorney and do it right the first time.
At McCartha Law, LLC, we want you to help you do it completely right — the first time — and avoid these costs. As a family firm with a team approach, Jason McCartha is an experienced Huntsville business formation/LLC lawyer, and Jennifer McCartha, CPA is the primary legal assistant and a certified public accountant (CPA) who provides invaluable research and facilitation assistance to attorney (and her husband) Jason McCartha. Together, we are able to see our clients’ matters from several angles to provide them with exceptionally diverse and comprehensive legal solutions. We have helped clients start their new businesses from the garage to multi-million dollar industries and in all fifty (50) states. Our varied experience helps us provide our Alabama clients with in-depth counsel regarding their business startup-LLC.
Our LLC (Limited Liability Company) Formation and Consultation Program includes the following (and usually more):
- We present 1-2 hours of an in person white board presentation and question and answer (Q & A) session with the attorney Jason P. McCartha and his legal assistant Jennifer J. McCartha, CPA as you execute (i.e. put into effect by signing, sealing, and delivering to the court—officially starting your LLC) your LLC the day you meet with us;
- We Prepare a Certificate of Formation for your LLC (formerly called Articles of Organization) that serves as the framework of your LLC;
- We Prepare an understandable Limited Liability Company Agreement (now required by law; formerly known as the Operating Agreement);
- We Prepare an Accountable Reimbursement Plan — generally required by the IRS for reimbursement of expenses personally paid for the LLC (We teach you how to deduct the expense of actually forming this LLC among other things and provide the forms for later reimbursements);
- We Assist you in Obtaining your EIN number and correspond it to your Limited Liability Company (LLC);
- We Obtain a Name reservation/registration for your Limited Liability Company (LLC);
- We Discuss the tax options of LLC and the pros and cons of those choices (including, S-Corporation election, default tax designation, and the potential 20% tax benefit that the Tax Cuts Jobs Act put in place in 2018);
- We Provide a Several Page Handout of Ongoing Tax and Business Requirements for your LLC that you may not even be aware of;
- We Outline the pros and cons of who can act as your registered agent and why and how, often we can actually serve as your registered agent for your LLC;
- We Provide Counsel regarding what you now need to do when entering into contracts for your LLC and what clauses in contracts can nullify your LLC protections for that contract;
- We Discuss insurance issues regarding your business and several issues we have uncovered in our former litigation practice that could be of eminent importance to you;
- We Provide an attorney consultation letter regarding a significant portion of the attorney teaching that Mr. McCartha will be presenting to you the day of your LLC execution meeting;
- We Present all of these documents in a handsome legal notebook.
- McCartha Law will send you several emails after our meeting, consultation, and execution of your Limited Liability Company (LLC) explaining business licensing, the issues concerning W2 verses 1099 employees and other issues that are critically important to you regarding your relationship with the State of Alabama, IRS and others.
After writing all of this, we are excited to share our LLC program with you in person — call us in Huntsville, Alabama at 256-270-4233 and or email us on our contact page! We genuinely enjoy EMPOWERING and TEACHING our people while EQUIPPING and PROTECTING them against all types of angst.
Contact Us Today at 256-270-4233
The Alabama State Bar requires the following language pursuant to Rule 7.2 of the Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct: “Any recoveries and testimonials herein are not an indication of future results. Every case is different, and regardless of what friends, family, or other individuals may say about what a case is worth, each case must be evaluated on its own facts and circumstances as they apply to the law. The valuation of a case depends on the facts, the injuries, the jurisdiction, the venue, the witnesses, the parties, and the testimony, among other factors. Furthermore, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.”
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.